Welcome to Solia Online Solia OnlineGamesMy SoliaExploreDonateAuction HouseSolia ForumsInventory

Scratch Card
Dekkard
Site Admin
Post Posted on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:32 pm
I'm using this thread for updates, FAQ and previews for the coming site update.

1. Chibi Base FAQ
2. Starter Skins and Base recoloring
3. Item Previews
4. Item Previews
5. Chibi Pose/stance preview
6. Poppy Pain
7. Techno Angel
8. Dolly Witch

Dekkard
Site Admin
Post Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:16 pm
I'm just gonna use this thread to post like...previews or updates and whatever.

So to start with you'll have 20 skins to pick from. They're categorized to make it a bit easier on ya. You'll get to unlock more as you play.

Starter skins

Humaniod:
      Terran
      Unaril
      Solarian
      Vaein
      Imp

Kin:
      Cheetah
      Fox
      Panda
      Tiger
      Wolf

Mimi:
      Cat
      Dog
      Mouse
      Bunny
      Unicorn

Monsters:
      Ghoul
      Mech
      Succubus
      Ent
      Zombie

So those ??? are cause I had them filled...and then I overthought it and changed it. Well the Monster one was the Mannequin buuuuuut that's not a thing anymore. Because you can now just change your skin colors:

tigers.png
tigers.png (42.22 KiB) Viewed 1145 times

So if you want the Mannequin back just pick a Terran and change to a white skin.

The Mimi's had a Fox and a Wolf...but then the Kins also had a Fox and a Wolf so it seemed kinda silly to do it again. So there's now some blank spots I gotta fill today, anyone got any wants/shoutouts for the spots? I was thinkin maybe the Spirit Skin or Ice Imp Skin for the monster slot. The mimi's just gotta pick an animal, maybe that cat-goat Katsu is. :haha:

All skins work for all 3 bases. So what avatar you pick won't limit what you want to be.

Dekkard
Site Admin
Post Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:19 pm

Chibi Base FAQ

I've been getting alot of PMs/Comments about the new Chibi (small) base. Instead of continuing to copy paste the same PM I'm just gonna post it all here so hopefully it sorts it out for everyone.

Q: Why are you doing this / questions regarding features.
    The Chibi base is not a feature.
    This is not being done to be a pulling feature that will change the site in any way. It was made specifically to be a game asset. The new Kogo and RPG features involve the Solia world and getting to explore it. Everyone being the same size is weird. A world with no kids is weird. So they were made essentially to be NPC's. However the same NPC walking around every last town would be just as strange and empty as it not existing at all so it also needs its own library of looks and clothing. At this point this new small NPC is no different then a player avatar, there's no reason not to just let you use this base as well.

Q: But it will have no items and other such questions/statements.
    The Chibi Base won't be ignored, but also isn't getting special treatment.
    We don't plan to release and abandon the Chibi Base. I've been told several sites have released a second base then either the new or old base gets neglected. The thing is, we made the chibi base so we could use it. This means if one gets neglected it hinders our ability to use them. This necessity means you're pretty safe when it comes keeping both useful and getting new items.

We have no plans for "unique" items. We're not treating these as two separate entities, and don't want tons of items where you have to figure out what base it works for. With the update we'll be able to pinpoint and complete anything missing unisex, the Chibi Base will obviously be behind in that aspect. Older items won't all work on the Chibi base but by keeping them equal going into the future we don't have to worry too much about too many items coming out for one or the other. There is an exception to this which is poses and stances. We may in the future change this, but for now the chibi base won't be getting them; as seen here in the new Queen Bee set. The Chibi base has started to get poses! Some examples can be seen here and here.
    queenbee.png
    queenbee.png (45.9 KiB) Viewed 1144 times

Q: Will you be doing "x, y, or z" and other 'style' questions.
    The clothing style for the Chibi Base is a mix of exaggeration and fitting.
    The choice is up to the artist on what they feel would look best or how they wanted the item to look in the first place. We are expecting most "exaggerated" pieces will occur in Shoes and Gloves due to the tiny size of the hands and feet.

Here's and example of a set that contains both fitted and exaggerated pieces. In the new Jasper Scarab pieces the flowing top is longer on the Chibi Base then it is on the Tall base. This is done to better preserve the flow and hang of the top. The suit, jewelry and shoes however have been made smaller to fit the Chibi base.
    jasper.png
    jasper.png (25.39 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

>Another example can be seen in the Great Authority preview in the questionnaire thread.
    >Heres some more clothing examples
    >And more!

Rei Ann
Posting Queen
Post Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:24 pm
~ Please call me Rei ~

The ★★★, the ☾, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark

Question with the races being made into skins, does that mean things like vaein ears won't be their own items anymore?/b]

[b]
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your ♥

SinfulGaze
Solia Star in Training
Post Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:15 pm

When two paths converge into one...

Oh, Oh, Can we get some type of reptilian skin please? :omg:
Like a scaley dragon or lizard? :omg:

...Something truly amazing happens.

Proud Lunar Faction Member!

Mizu-no-kimi
I don't bite.
Post Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:28 pm

quick question about mannequin.
"So if you want the Mannequin back just pick a Terran and change to a white skin."
will the white skin option be exactly the same as mannequin?,
and i mean EXACT.
i will be extremely upset if it's even a shade different, or has anything changed. :srsA:
if even a single pixel is off i will hate it.
i've been using the mannequin skin ever since it was first released.
(which was what 6-7 years ago?)

oh and will Flux skin fall under monster?
what about sairee? i also don't see these skins on your list:
white lie, cadaver, ice imp, werewolf.
what about Chimera?

Lost Tears
Battle Soldier
Post Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:56 pm
Drei veir dei tei mein va dei Deiz an devu. Zoe dei Tiz entradah.
----Zeraru vau tah Aluteindashi.

That's true, even if you have a canine with different colors, werewolf in shape looks totally different. Also, I would rather never update my avatar than to fully due away with my white lie.

Between the moon and sun, we whisper through the cracks.
Strange people blessed with a thirst for what's not quite right.
Wont you join our world of chaos and fun?
ImageCreated by Anti♥Sichu, thank you Tamashi.

Mizu-no-kimi
I don't bite.
Post Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:22 pm

oh and i just remembered something, what about the different skins option parts?
the item 'set' that some skins come with.
tails, ears. eyes. etc.

sairee for example has horns/ears, tail, and i think a red back fin.
plus a equip all option.

the werewolf, had eyes, tail, claws/hands, and a head, pus the all option.
white lie has horns or eyes or both.
cadaver had eyes,
ice imp has short wing shoulder things or big ice wings.
etc

will all these different option parts fall under the body tab?
would people in theory be able to mix/match.
say a cadaver with ice imp wings?

Mizu-no-kimi
I don't bite.
Post Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:08 pm
Question with the races being made into skins, does that mean things like vaein ears won't be their own items anymore?]

sorry for posting again so soon :drop:
but rei ann's question reminded me,
what will happen to the ears that are like this?

Make a Wish!
Got a wishlist or item you're questing?
Send me a message or comment & you might get it.

I also have a Giveaway Thread.

hurbird
Essay Writer
Post Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:29 pm

First off, amazing job on the custom kitty previews. I might be using little bases after all. Will the Tigers ever get other cat markings like spots and whatnot?
I would like to second the dragon skin. Or some kinda avian skin representing what the vaein say an N'Dari is. Y'know harpy-esque. But im biased so...

I am also interested in the answers to the questions posted before me.

mdom
Posting Diva
Post Posted on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:37 pm

Dance of the spirits skin YES PLEASE

☽ LVNARIS SVM ☾
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dekkard
Site Admin
Post Posted on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:28 am
Rei Ann wrote:...
Unknown at this time. There's a lot to test before I can answer that and I've just been setting items moved so haven't had time to yet. Race now effects a lot of things.

SinfulGaze wrote:...
Hm, might have to be an unloackable one. I don't think I have any reptile skins at the moment and don't have time to make one at this very moment. I can ask around the team and see if anyone can or is they have one.

Mizu-no-kimi wrote:...
I just put in a new color yesterday for a more 'pure' white. Besides the mannequin its also needed also for the White Tiger, White Lie, the fox belly zone and Wolf's Belly zone and none of the ones currently in the custom shop was doing the trick. You start with 20 options, others can be unlocked via playing those extras aren't lost. Flux is a monster but due to its tentacle hands we didn't want it to be a starter, but you can unlock it and use it later. Anything that might limit you, in flux case removing 'normal' hands, we didn't want to make a starter. The Ice Imp in that way is also not ideal, I hadn't thought of it at the time but I don't think it has hands either, and it doesn't have feet.

hurbird wrote:...
Do you mean that you want stripes and spots at the same time? I hadn't really thought about it, so I dunno at this time. If you want just spots you could use the cheetah though. I do want to add a harpy eventually but that would alter the hands/feet again so its not ideal as a starter and would become a later unlockable.

hurbird
Essay Writer
Post Posted on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Well I mean like a customizable cat marking design. So you could have tabby, seal point, tuxedo or something using the same cat 'base' but with different styled markings... I dunno if that makes sense. :haha:

I'm glad, I so want a harpy :mrow: Even if I have to unlock it that would be amazing! I'd work towards it!

So there will be 20 'default' skins, but more to unlock in the future? I'm okay with that as long as we don't lose the ones like Werewolf, Ice Imp or Flux with special looks to them. :nod:

Dekkard
Site Admin
Post Posted on Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:49 pm
hurbird wrote:...
No no that makes sense. Hm, I don't know though hadn't thought about it. It may be a situation where if you play as a cat you just unlock more cats with other patterns available. We'll have to look into that, it's a neat idea.
ImageImageImageImage

hurbird
Essay Writer
Post Posted on Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:00 pm

Yeah! Like that! :haha: I wasn't sure I was making sense but yeah that's exactly what I was wondering. I would absolutely love to be able to unlock other patterns like that. Not necessarily an 'at launch' requirement but something neat for the future.
ImageImage

A Solian has contributed 1 post since you started viewing this topic. Click here to view it.
Next

Return to Solian Community Discussion