Welcome to Solia Online Your Inventory Solia OnlineGamesMy SoliaExploreDonateAuction HouseSolia ForumsInventory

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:27 pm

http://shine.yahoo.com/anderson-cooper/ ... 00932.html

"Joshua, a 9-year-old who lives with a disease called eosinophilic esophagitis, is allergic to nearly all foods. Pizza, hot dogs, you name it, and Joshua likely cannot eat it, or even be allowed to taste it or smell it."

The only thing he can eat is baby food and applesauce. The rest of his nutrition is formulated by doctors and then pumped into his stomach by feeding tube.
Even smelling food can lead him to have an allergic reaction. He is homeschool because of his condition.

:qnq:

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 pm

I think it's a little dumb that they make a big deal out of him being homeschooled.

A lot of kids are homeschooled for reasons like that, lesser reasons,
and reasons that just has to do with getting a better education.

Anyway.
That's sad.

But it's life. I have a sister who's severely allergic to a lot of things.
Freaks me out whenever she so much as smells something.

-Image Mr. Grizzly

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:43 pm

The spring is such a lovely time...

I love to eat. I....couldn't handle that.

...for new beginnings.

"Faerie is a world of dark enchantments, of captivating beauty, of enormous ugliness, of callous superficiality, of humour, mischief, joy and inspiration, of terror, laughter, love and tragedy."
So tread softly.
Triple Poster

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:55 pm

A lot of kids grow out of milk, wheat and soy allergies, some even peanut allergies. Maybe he will out grow some of his allergies. It seems like he has a some-what normal life except being unable to enjoy as many foods as others do. I wonder if his mom couldn't garden and puree his food, as that it all baby food is, or even if he is allergic to many things, but not all food, and just has some kind of physical or psychological issue with eating.

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Mr. Grizzly wrote:I think it's a little dumb that they make a big deal out of him being homeschooled.

Anyway.
That's sad.

-Image Mr. Grizzly

Well obviously he has to be homeschooled as an aspect of his isolation.
His interactions with other kids have to be regulated, unlike at school, where you see hundreds of other kids 5 days a week and have class with friends all day.

Star Power Poster

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Mr. Grizzly wrote:I think it's a little dumb that they make a big deal out of him being homeschooled.

Anyway.
That's sad.

-Image Mr. Grizzly
It's not just being homeschooled, but his social life would have to be monitored. Food is everywhere.

What can't she eat?

@Rainleaf~ Me too. :c I loves my food.

@Lyra~ I think what his disease is is that he can't eat solid foods or else his esophagus would get inflamed and swell up causing him to stop breathing. So that's why he eat applesauce and baby food.
I mean, if that were me, I rather get nutrition pumped into my stomach than have a puree of pizza, since his puree would have to be the consistency of applesauce. Eck.
Food is not only for nutrition, but for taste and texture. And can also be used as a form of celebration or union. When you see relatives or friends, food is usually involved.

Die, eggs! DIE! :<Image Image Image Image

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Xiatara wrote:

Anyway.
That's sad.

-Image Mr. Grizzly
It's not just being homeschooled, but his social life would have to be monitored. Food is everywhere.

What can't she eat?

@Rainleaf~ Me too. :c I loves my food.

@Lyra~ I think what his disease is is that he can't eat solid foods or else his esophagus would get inflamed and swell up causing him to stop breathing. So that's why he eat applesauce and baby food.
I mean, if that were me, I rather get nutrition pumped into my stomach than have a puree of pizza, since his puree would have to be the consistency of applesauce. Eck.
Food is not only for nutrition, but for taste and texture. And can also be used as a form of celebration or union. When you see relatives or friends, food is usually involved.

My brother had to have reconstructive surgery, he had a cleft lip and cleft pallet, and they had to wire his jaw shut. We tried to puree pizza. It was awful. What I am talking about is pure, simple ingredients, Green beans and the like, which aren't bad as mush. Home school kids have friends and social interactions, too. It sucks, but it just doesn't seem to be as dire as they are making it sound. He's not dying, and but for his condition, which they have managed to control, or at least by-pass, he seems perfectly normal to me.

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:35 pm

That's so sad, poor kid :(.

Why is it that the rare diseases are the worst? Even if there not fatal they can still make life a living nightmare.

Please click on my pet in my profile ~<3
World Renown

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:08 pm

It seems like there are a lot of allergic cases lately in the last several years. But that one is really extreme! Poor kid.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|L|u|c|e|i|d|
+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Image ImageImage Image
Posting Diva

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:59 pm

The Aperture Science Companion Rat will threaten to nom you

Squeak!
[Translation: If I'm like that I would totally flip the fuck out. :baw: ]

And, in fact, can squeak

Please feed The Aperture Science Companion Rat. (Located in The Sorven Science Multi-purpose Signature)

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Watched the video whilst stuffing my face full of pad thai. Poor kid, that loneliness must be rough. I don't know what I'd do without being able to go out to dinner with friends.
Last edited by Dolly Parton on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Team Candice

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Poor kid. Not being able to eat is bad enough, but having to live a secluded life is even worse. :=(:

ImageImageImage
Play with my pets!

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:22 pm

I hear more and more people are being born with food allergies, and that they're not even serving peanuts on planes anymore.

Love,
Lee

ImageMarried to The Mexican!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Congrats, Andreja!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
Super Model

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:26 pm

The Aperture Science Companion Rat will threaten to nom you

Squeak!
[Translation: Peanuts allergies are so common I don't know what to think about it anymore.
But while I don't have allergies I still hate peanuts.
]

And, in fact, can squeak

Please feed The Aperture Science Companion Rat. (Located in The Sorven Science Multi-purpose Signature)

• I read Homestuck.
  • I'm a 16 years old boy
  • PM me if you wanna chat. You know you want to.
  • Bay12forum
  • dA
  • Crush

PostPosted on Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:27 pm

"Not so fast!"//"あまいな!"-Shi Long Lang

-

B-but.. food is wonderful. :qnq: That's horrible.

It sounds smart not to serve peanuts on a plane :blank:

^ My dA, bruh.^

Prone to disappearing when things get busy. Please quote me or I'll probably forget to reply orz
Welcoming Committee Member

Next

Return to Town Square