Welcome to Solia Online Your Inventory Solia OnlineGamesMy SoliaExploreDonateAuction HouseSolia ForumsInventory

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:45 pm

:tableflip:

i never went to any art schools. i have nothing to make a portfolio from.

so i thought..."maybe i'll go to art courses in the college in my city?!"

and so i had a plan until i went to a forum of art school students and saw a lot of them use special preparation schools to make portfolios.

-whimper-

now a special fancy shmancy school in another city that costs a lot that prepares especially for making portfolio and succeeding entrance exams....

or 2-3 courses right here that "won't show the the true talent they look for because your works will be homework given to you instead something you made yourself" (-not said directly about my choice but said generally about anything VS special school)

-flips table again-

god dammit! why can't i have anything that prepared me before that like art school or something?!
(oh right...because i never planned going to graphic design in the first place!)

TS discuss envy of others and careers

TSer

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:09 pm

I studied art before I went to uni. It was only the basics though and I also had to study several normal subjects. It was fun, even though I knew I wouldn't be able to get a nice job afterwards. I'm a bit envious of my brother that's able to get one after his education. He will then have the same degree I have, but he'll be able to get a job since the education he gets will prepare him for it, unlike mine. :lol:

But at the same time I don't mind since the education I'm getting now will probably make me earn bit more than he ever will in the long run. But at the same time I'll have a student loan to pay off, which he won't have to worry about. :eheh:

Town Square Noob

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:24 pm

what did he study?

and why yours will pay more? xD

also-with so many people complaining about the student loan i'm so glad i save money for school :drop:

TSer

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:36 pm

He studies electricity. It's his first year. :fangirl:

Mine will probably pay more since, well, it just will. Some jobs pay more than others. I mean, I could say it's because he'll only go to college and I to university(those are two different things here), but it isn't. It's only because they are different jobs, to be honest.

I wish I could, but I wouldn't be able to live off my part time job and the usual amount you get for free for school. That would only be ~5-6k a month and I need at least 8k to get by.
I don't mind having to pay back the loan though as long as I get a job I like. :mrow:

Town Square Noob

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:44 pm

xxx "Clocks slay time... time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels;"

I wanted to do graphic design for a while...
Then I figured that I wouldn't care enough about my job to stand being told what to make for the rest of my life.
o 3o
I value my creativity, which isn't always what employers want from you. There are some out there though that like it. But most of them are all 'IWANTHISCOLORANDTHISTOSAYTHISANDTHISIMAGETHINGONITANDGO.'
I'm more able to deal with the people who are all 'okay, so, just include the name somewhere, and we'll be good with whatever'.

Though. I'm getting an art degree that I'll probably use like... once? Maybe?
The job I want to get doesn't really require an art degree. Nor the lovely theater minor I have to go with it.
|D
I can apply at... theaters. Doing art stuff. With this degree. Possibly.
Hurdur.
"Only when the clock stops does time come to life. "

Box Network Follower

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:48 pm

kiwi-i had the chance to study electrical engineering in the army...but i was a wuss and "ran away" (bothered the army until they released me)

well at least you do something you like! i may be earning enough to save up fast (approximately 5k a month) but i hate my job :dis:

at least i can study later without having to work!

dawn-and what job exactly do you want?

TSer

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:56 pm

The army feels so far away here. It's rare to hear about someone that's in the army. :lol:

Yeah, but it's still only my first year. I hope the courses that come later will be as interesting as these ones, or else I'll probably start looking for some kind of week day work and find somewhere else to live. :qnq:
What do you work with?
I kept my old job when I moved here to study. Luckily it's a weekend night job, so I don't have to worry about school.

Town Square Noob

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:02 pm

and here you'd have a hard time not seeing at least 1 soldier on the street xD

i don't "work with" i work at. a factory. 12 hours a day. 5 days a week and half a day on the 6th.
basically i get a lot of money because i work a lot :dis:

TSer

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:10 pm

You saw them from time to time back in my old town. They were all handsome and young. :fangirl:
In the last 20-10 years they've closed down lots of "bases" here. We don't really get involved in military stuff anyway, so it's not really needed, so they've made lots of cutbacks.

That really sounds like a pain. At least you get lots of money then.
If I could I'd get a night job at week days. You get more money then than if you'd work days. :fangirl:

Last edited by Kiwi on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Made by Lucinhae
Town Square Noob

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:10 pm

xxx "Clocks slay time... time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels;"

Special effects makeup artist for movies and things.
:blank:

Box Network Follower

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:15 pm

i just threw shit together from my high school art classes for my portfolio. some kids are crazy with their shit though.

← newbie guide. check it.   level 91 jeweller.
Welcoming Committee Chairmen

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:35 pm

kiwi-and when would you sleep? xD

dawn-then why don't you do it?

con-well at least you had some shit in the first place! i don't even have that!

R.I.P my beloved dog Jessica

2000-2014
TSer

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:46 pm

Oh, I do.
I just need an actual job to keep paying for it, because it's an expensive profession to get in to.
:eheh:
I plan on seeing if I can get on to Face Off sometime, once I actually buy the things I need to do it.

ImageImage
(>ಥ益ಥ>) GIVE ME A HUG YOU BITCH
Questing
EVERY MANE HAIR: 2 / 38

Mongoose wrote:
Wait, I have to pay you to kill me? And wait in lines?

This is the suckiest -albeit most efficient - doom ever.
Box Network Follower

PostPosted on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:53 pm

I sometimes envy art students. My boyfriend and his friends are graphics design majors and they have to take art classes. My boyfriend's hw consisted of drawing. I wish I could draw instead of making powerpoints and posters and cramming for tests every week. :headdesk:

Sometimes, I wonder if I got into the wrong major, lols.

Die, eggs! DIE! :<Image Image Image Image

Return to Town Square