Welcome to Solia Online Your Inventory Solia OnlineGamesMy SoliaExploreDonateAuction HouseSolia ForumsInventory

PostPosted on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Last edited by Fibble on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Beta Tester

PostPosted on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 pm

_____________________Image

Last edited by Fibble on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Beta Tester

PostPosted on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:26 am

Last edited by Fibble on Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Beta Tester

PostPosted on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Last edited by Fibble on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beta Tester

PostPosted on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Last edited by Fibble on Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beta Tester

PostPosted on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:09 pm

Last edited by Fibble on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beta Tester

PostPosted on Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Last edited by Fibble on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beta Tester

PostPosted on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Beta Tester

PostPosted on Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:29 am

[/Lurk]

Never had there been such a calm that stretched over the field as it did this morning. No birds sang... no bugs chirped. Silence... the silence of the grave. The kind of eerie calm that comes after bloodshed... the kind of breathless peace after a terrible disaster. This was the kind of stillness that drove men to slow madness.

Across the still, expansive field, through the low, creeping mist, rose the dark, curved shape of a lone building, it's shadowy silhouette seeming to shift and sway through the fog. It was day break, and the soft, hushed sunrise was silently painting the sky pastel pinks and oranges. Thin clouds drifted lazily through the placid sky, casting light shadows against the misty ground. The gentle breeze that flowed through the air, caught the edge of the mist, whipping it and twisting it into delicate swirls, the fantastic designs dissipating as soon as they took shape. The quiet rustling of leaves and flower petals filled the fresh morning air, the early breeze tugging at the bending branches of the large weeping cherry tree that framed the east side of the building. A few loose, butter pink petals tumbled free in the wind, whirling and spiraling as they fell to the ground. Several petals were carried far enough to land in the rock framed koi pond on the west side of the building, causing the once still water to ripple and bubble upon their impact. The petals, once landed, were then thoroughly inspected by the pond's inhabitants, two, healthy Doitsu koi fish, their puckering mouths pecking curiously at the home invader. The only sound that permeated the silence that surrounded the building was the faint tinkle of chimes, ringing through the air like a fragile song. The creaking of a single sign hung above the large, double front doors, that reads simply, 'All Are Welcome' sways slowly in the wind.

The interior of, what was now obviously an Inn, was simple. A bar counter on the far wall of the entrance, backed up against a large wall of bottles and vials. Lanterns around the Lobby area hung from the old wooden rafters, giving the room a calming, inviting glow. Tables and chairs were arranged thusly, orderly and neat. Stairs leading to the guest rooms were on the left, the hall lined with candles on brass stands. Paintings of roses hung on the red-wood walls, accented by the fluttering crimson curtains hung around the open windows. The single door behind the bar counter was the only entrance that was closed -and, in fact, locked- all other windows and doors were ajar, letting the morning light filter in, and the previous night's mist pour inside, lingering on the hardwood floors.

A lone figure sat in one of the many open windows that lined the front of the Inn, leaning against the molding of the open window, resting against the sill. The figure was that of a woman, tall and thin, her back against one side of the open window, her legs bent, her feet against the opposite side, her arms resting in her lap. Her dark, coffee-colored skin was clothed in a simple, white day dress, it's folds fluttering in the wind. Her strikingly lengthy teal hair was down, fanned down her back, slipping over her shoulders and sliding down the open window, curling in on itself on the outdoor porch floor. Her straight cut bangs hung low on her face, casting a warm shadow over her forehead, accentuating her striking, glowing yellow eyes, which were fixed on the item in her hand, a book, that she is silently reading. Occasionally, the dark skinned woman will lift a hand to turn the page of the book she is engrossed in, but other than that, she is completely still. Above her head, hanging in the window, is the tiny wind chime that tinkles and rings softly with every caress of the wind. She is enjoying the silence, so it seems, and is resting alone with a look of peace about her, as if she had just completed a terrible task, and was now recovering from the aftermath.

[Lurk]

Beta Tester

PostPosted on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:34 am

From the shadows of the in a figure emerged, his fur a dark crimson and his scales jet black. Amber orbs focused upon the lone figure on the sill, and as he stalked his way towards her, slinking around chairs and under tables, a deep rumble ran through his chest. The Sairee crooned as he reached her, lifting his head to stroke his cheek against her bare leg for a moment, resting his paws upon her lap he stood up somewhat, the bones in and around his pelvis snapping and changing, and he gave her cheek a gentle lick before he dropped back onto his haunches, paws leaving her legs to rest on the floor, bones retracting, snapping.

"Mother."
It was a greeting, and yet a question-he glanced around the inn, undamaged and yet ruined-he couldn't quite place it as he laid down on the ground in the shade, looking up to her before he began to groom his forearms idly, ears folding back just the slightest....

Kayden was silent for quite some time, and as he finished licking between his paws, he muttered the word he knew she probably wanted to hear from him.
"I'm sorry."
Silence.

"....I'm sorry for the portal, for nearly killing the inn, Aidal, and you.....I can tell it's been reconstructed like normal...and yet it's still amiss....I...am not sure if you can forgive me, but I wish for you to not ignore me, please......"

(Yes, we're going to blame the post eating monster company on Kayden.)

Whoracle wrote:
Tom marinated his own uterus. :P
[/center]
Playing the Role

PostPosted on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:15 pm

[/Lurk]

Softly, the young woman looked over to the creature that made it's way into the Lobby, her golden eyes scrutinizing it with a glare. Her head did not move as her eyes followed the creature's movement, though she did lower her book softly, raising an eyebrow. Much had transpired during the time that Shu's body had been dragged into the darkness.... And she remembered every second. Kit'ha's valiant fight... Tergrael's escape... Aidal's sacrifice. With a sigh, Shu turned and looked out the open window she was sitting at, her hair being lifted from her shoulders by the light breeze, teal strands slipping over her chest and neck. ".... It was not your fault, my son." Her voice came, flowing from her dark lips like thick honey, warm and deep. ".... I pushed my limits too far... and the Gate Keepers sensed an opportunity." With a light wince, the dark skinned woman set her book down on the sill, turning her knees to touch her toes to the hardwood floor. It was obvious the woman was still weakened... from whatever had previously transpired. Her long teal hair dripped down her shoulders as she placed her hands by her side, her pointed toes resting on the hard wood, her eyes closed, her head down. It had taken an incredible amount of energy to achieve what Shu had... And it had drained her considerably. She had painstakingly rebuilt her Inn... after borrowing a great deal of Black Water's energy, she was also able to erase most of her current guest's memories... But it had left her weakened and spent. If Black Water was to be attacked once more... They did not stand a chance. However... Shu opened her glowing golden eyes and glanced to the side, her long teal hair slipping over her shoulders, her straight cut bangs fluttering over her forehead. Things were quiet now... And yet... yes... she could sense something was still amiss. Was it her...? She could sense some unrest within the walls of her home. As quiet and serene as it was right at this moment... the ever-present threat of danger... was ripe in the silence. ".... I wonder... what has become... of my guests...."

[Lurk]

Beta Tester

PostPosted on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Thanks for listening!

Unwanted. That was the name of her existence. How could she not be... in her world the two beings that made her existence were at peace. It was more of a Leave-Me-Alone-And-I'll-Do-The-Same relationship... but two beings broke that unspoken agreement. They would call her unneeded, unwanted, useless...

Caged and trapped. Watching the great dragons fly past... Birds, cats, and even fayfolk might take pity on her and visit for a bit, but none truly cared for her. Only the Dragons were willing to watch over her. The entire world was theirs to fly in, and yet despite knowing what she was they remained. Some that were too young to fly would visit, and teach her what they learnt. When the angels realized this, they were forced to flee. But not before one of them gave her a gift, a small egg, telling her that she had to do something for them.

She had to escape.

And so, she did. Running as far away as possible, she unknowingly passed into the land of Black Water Inn, Her ankle-length light blue hair streaming behind her, as her hand made cloak hid her form from view, eyes hidden by bangs too long for her. Pale skin shimmering in the light, a small bundle held within her hands... and her small fortune in a pouch tied around her waist. How long could she keep running? Then she arrived at a Japanese looking building. She paused to catch her breath, noticing that the area was a little off... but she didn't mind. Something told her she would be accepted here... hopefully. She straightened and walked into the building, entering a simply designed lobby.

PostPosted on Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:16 pm

[/Lurk]

Shu, her head down, had been resting her eyes when her long, pointed ear flicked in agitation, her golden eyes opening slowly. So soon... someone new in her Inn. Strange.... she was sure she had fortified her domain when she had rebuilt it... Ah well... a new guest meant a payment... a boost she desperately needed. With a slight wince, the long-haired Goddess lifted her head and sat straight, turning her head to the front door way, observing the young girl who had entered. A remarkably ordinary girl... in looks, at least. Shu's golden eyes began to glow and her pupils began to contract as she sensed something that caused her mouth to water. Ah... mixed blood. This girl may look ordinary, but... the brew that was flowing through her veins was anything but. How unusual... no wonder the child was able to enter Shu's world so freely, even after the dark skinned Goddess as enforced her barriers... She must be truly, completely lost. Poor thing... she would make a delicious snack.

Unseen to those around her, Shu licked her lips as she turned her body to face the young girl, wincing slightly as she did so, exhaling in a sigh as a low pulse of dark power announced her presence. Softly, the Innkeeper raised her head, opening her glowing golden eyes and glancing directly at the young woman with hunger in her gaze. It had been a while since she had spoken these words. "... Welcome, child... To Black Water Inn." A smile suddenly spread over Shu's lips as she spoke, her impressive array of pointed teeth shinning in the candle light. Ah... yes... it was good to say that again. Shu smiled and sat up softly, scooting to the edge of her window sill, her golden eyes gazing directly at her nest guest, her pupils contracting into paper-thin slits. ".... You'll have to forgive me for not standing to greet you..." Shu said with a slight chuckle, tilting her head to the side, her long teal hair slipping over her bare shoulders, her thin, white day dress fluttering softly with her movement. "... An old soul like me... I'm afraid I'm a bit worse for wear."

[Lurk]

... ㊌ ...
Meekie _Aidal_
Beta Tester

PostPosted on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks for listening!

"Oh, uh..." Were things already looking up for her? She moved her bangs slightly, hoping to free some of her view. In the movement you could see her light-blue eyes, with dark-blue pupils instead of black ones. When she spoke one could see a small fang, a tell-tail sign of her mixed lineage. She gazed at the beautiful woman before her, noticing the somewhat sad tiredness flowing from her. "Um, I don't mind. Was I interrupting something?" Her voice was soft, but melodious and kind.

PostPosted on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Aidal laid semi-conscious, his whole body, and mind felt as if it were repairing flawed, or damaged tissue, and bone. As if he had been placed together improperly, the feeling was incredibly uncomfortable. His whole body felt as if it were crawling, yet he knew it was not. Still, whatever was happening should not render him unable to move. And yet it was so, With all of his mental powers, he found himself struggling to.. well.. struggle. "She tried to destroy you.. Aidal." a familiar voice spoke directly into his ear. Morrighan, yet when he turned his head, she was no where to be found. "But.. I returned you to your original state.. refreshed, renewed.. Stronger.." the voice said sweetly, coming from all around him now. This was not the first time his goddess had tampered with his life, 'rebuilding him' as she often called it. However this was the first time she had done so incorrectly. And for once, he no longer felt compelled to volunteer this information. He blinked, his mind grasping the secret tightly. Morrighan's touch has never been flawed in rebuilding him. No, this work was done in haste, working to restore life, not repair flesh. Someone was frantic in reviving him, not collected.. This was not Morrighan's work. "I wish for you to begin an investigation, Blade. I will not risk any enemies threatening the safety of our world.. I am it's protector, and you are my sword." She said, insuring her command over him. He nodded, turning his head to look to the ceiling again. "Accepted." He said in his usual, flat tone. "Excellent." came the reply, and then silence. Aidal knew she had left. For now she was unaware of his discovery, and that meant he would have time to investigate this change further. Something was clearly different. For now, he would need to rest, allow his body to properly adjust itself. Allow his body to convert the darker energies coursing through him, closing his eyes, expanding what energy was under his control to spread through the Inn, feeling for life signs, Growling out one phrase.

"I need.. Focus.."

Next

Return to Role Playing