General Info - How to Play
Navigating Kogo Park:
- It costs 500 gold to enter the park and you may catch up to FIVE pets/eggs during your visit.
- To move, use your arrow keys or the WASD keys to navigate.
- Navigate to the upper right hand corner and press E to interact with Lasof. He will transport you to the park.
- You have 30 minutes to capture five pets. You can monitor your time at the top of the screen.
- Navigate throughout the park to encounter wild Kogos. Look through bushes and check back in places that you have already looked. You never know where Kogos will be hiding or what you will find.
How to capture a wild Kogo:
When you encounter a wild Kogo in Kogo Park, do not be afraid! All you have to do is try and capture the pet with one of the following options:
Option 1: Attack it! (This will weaken the Kogo or make it flee)*Note: You are limited to 20 net attempts in Kogo Park. When they run out you cannot capture any more Kogos and your game will end.
Option 2: Give it some bait. (This will make the pet more likely to be tamed or make it flee)
Option 3: Catch it with your handy dandy net* (This will attempt to capture the pet or make it flee)
Once you do one of these three options you will have a chance to catch this creature and claim it for your own; there is a chance that this creature can outwit you and flee, but let us hope that never happens.
PLEASE NOTE: the "Note" Section of the guide is a suggested capture method. It will not always work and is what the majority of users have reported as a successful capture tactic for them self.
You may need to attempt to capture the Kogo more than once.
Kogo Park Refund Qualifications:
You will be refunded your 500 gold in any of the following situations:
- The park does not load.
- You do not use ANY nets, or bait and encounter ONLY common pets.
- You do not encounter any pets and your time runs out.
To receive the refund, wait for the Kogo Park visit to expire, then go to the main Kogo Page and talk to Lasof. If he asks you to pay 500 gold to enter the park, you will not be receiving the refund and likely encountered a pet that was not common, or accidentally tried baiting or netting. [/list]Note:
Internet Explore (9 especially) and sometimes
Google Chrome has compatibility issues with the game. Due to this issues the game will freeze
on pets or not load at all
. Playing Kogo Park in Chrome BETA or Firefox has the best game play and is highly reccomended.
If your game get's stuck in IE, switch browsers and open the game, it should resume where you left off and unfreeze.
The Color Code:
The border around the wild Kogos will be one of the following colors. If you want/need a boost in Zoology points, see the Professional's Plaza Guide
for a list of items to help you.
See below for the corresponding color chart.
Red= Impossible to catch Wild Kogos.
Orange= Can obtain and you most likely will get a skill point (75% chance).
Green= You can get skill point. (50% Chance).
Blue= You might get a skill point (25% chance).
Gray= No skill points are given.
Example of border colors:
Grey: Blue: Green: Orange: Red:
Note: Depending on your Zoology skill, different Kogos will have different border colors.